PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 5, 2010

DIY Pier One Chalkboard Containers

So remember these containers from Pier One Imports that I love so much?




Well I decided that I would make some of my own to add to the collection.  First, I bought some jars at the Salvation Army (forgive me for not turning the flash off). 


Next, I had Jason tape the jars so that there was a sqare on the front (Jason is waaaaay neater than I am.  He is a perfectionist).


Next, we painted the area with chalkboard paint.  We put on two coats of paint.

Finally, we removed the tape and cut a decorative edge so it didn't look so square.  This was a very easy project and the jars cost $5 for all three.  They might also look nice with ribbon or raffia tied around the top if that is more your style.




giveaways


Posted by Picasa




7 comments:

  1. Very nice! I don't think I could live w/o my chalkboard paint :).

    Leslie
    http://oursoftspottoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I really like the edge!

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very cool! I might try these once I have a house with counter space!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen anyone do that with chalkboard paint yet - great idea! Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie, I love it! Thanks so much for linking up to We Can Do It Cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails