And that's about the extent of my French . . .
I am very honored and excited because I recently was awarded TWO blogger awards!
Kerry over at A Tranquil Townhouse recently gave out some awards and I was one of the lucky chosen. She broke the rules a bit (which I love) and let the honored bloggers she selected choose which of three awards they wanted to pass along. I chose the Happy 101 award.
I am supposed to list 10 things that make me happy and then pass the award on to 10 other bloggers but I am only going to pass it along to three, because I think it makes the award more special and because three is my favorite number!
First, 10 things that make me happy:
1. Seeing my nine year old daughter Imani's big smile when I pick her up from her after school program each day.
2. Holding hands with my husband, Jason (it makes me feel 16 all over again)
3. Dark chocolate with raspberry creme filling
4. Seeing my vision of a renovated room to completion
5. Receiving real letters in the mail
6. Sand beneath my feet
7. Slipper jeans (let's just say, my Dad is short)
8. Flying to New York City to see my sister on a private jet. (Thank you Lori!)
9. Knowing I can call my mom whenever for whatever and she'll be there.
It was really hard to limit myself to just ten! I realize there are so many things that make me happy!
And now . . . I figured I would give these three awards to bloggers whose blogs make me happy.
1. Lola B's - If you haven't read Kasey's blog yet, get on over there quickly. I usually am not a big fan of music on blogs, but I like hers! Kasey's posts inspire me to be an even better mother. LOVE her site and get so giddy when she has a new post.
2. Katie at Philigry. This is the blog I just happened across when I found a pattern I liked on Ravelry. I discovered Katie's life and became envious it wasn't mine: stay at home mom who knits, sews, bakes, has an amazing eye for decorating and has chickens! Ahh, the life. Katie and Layla over at The Lettered Cottage are the two who inspired me to create Decorating Addiction.
3. Micah at The Yellow Front Door. Micah is chronicling her home renovation projects too. I like what they've done around their place and I like that they painted their front door yellow! That alone makes me smile.
Thanks Kerry, for choosing me for an award!
The second award I was given was The Sunshine Award, which was given to me by Three Ring Cottage, I am quite honored to receive this award because it is given to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others. Thanks so much Three Ring Cottage!
And now it's my turn to pass it along. I am going to pass it along to three people (although I think the rules state that you are supposed to pass it along to 12 people but who cares about rules, right?). 12 just seems like it takes away from being something special. Three is my favorite number and it just so happens that there are three bloggers who are very special to me right now.
1. Meg at House Notes. Meg and her husband are fixing up their house and blogging about it just like Jason and I are doing over here. I like to check into Meg's site almost daily to see what they've got going on. It's inspiring to see other couples who are re-designing their house. If you get a chance, head on over and check out all the work they've done.
2. Deborah at The Fairfield House. Deborah was the first person who consistently commented on my blog who I didn't know. Her comments really kept me in this blogging world for my first month! Thanks Deborah. Oh, and she is an amazing writer. My favorite posts are: .Awakening, Bearings, and Bottom's Up And if her writing isn't cool enough, she is also hosting a postcard exchange. Once she gets a postcard from every state, she is giving away a New Jersey themed box of goodies. You don't even have to have a blog to participate, so head on over and get with it. All the cool people are doing it. :-)
3. Jessi over at Yankee Belle Home. Jessi has an absolutely adorable site and she has a great sense of style. I recently copied her burlap table-runner, which I will be showing later this week.
Thanks again to Kerry at A Tranquil Townhouse and thanks to Three Ring Cottage for the awards. If you have a minute, check out both of their sites. You are sure to be inspired.
Congrats to all the newest recipients. Feel free to pass along the awards if you so choose. If not, that's fine too. I won't be offended at all. Just know that I love all of your sites and I'm watching you even when I'm not commenting! :-)
To everyone else, thanks for reading my blog and commenting. I love to know I am inspiring someone. If you get a minute, stop by some of the other blogs I follow. There are some amazing bloggers out there. Don't let them pass you by!