PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 2, 2010

Easter Eggs, Home Tour and Closet Office

I'm so excited for the weekend.  For one, it's Easter, which means tonight we will be coloring Easter Eggs. I will have a vision of a fabulous egg that I've designed free-hand without any fancy stencils or decals.  I'll just use a crayon and old fashioned food coloring and vinegar, just like my mama taught me when I was a kid.

In my head, my egg is going to be fabulous, like one of Martha Stewart's creations:




Instead of my fabulous piece of art on an egg, I'll end up with a big melted mess from the crayon (I'm always too impatient to wait for the eggs to cool), dipped in a color.  Then, I will become jealous because Jason's egg will look like something that belongs in an art gallery.  I will take this opporunity to remind everyone that Jason originally went to school on scholarship for illustration before switching his major to Art History.

I am inspired by these coffee-dyed eggs from 504 Main though, so maybe there is hope for me this year.


Other than coloring Easter eggs, we will be looking at a new house!  I'm not getting too excited because I have become quite picky in selecting a new home.  For one, this house is NOT out in the country with a lot of land, so the whole idea of getting chickens is out of the question.  However, this house is for sale by owner, and is coming HIGHLY recommended by Kelby.  If you've been following my blog, you know how we feel about Kelby around here.  He is never wrong, so when he suggested we look at it, we jumped at the opportunity. 

The other reason we're not getting too excited is because this house is located in a pretty fancy schmancy area around here.  Most of the homes are big and ornate, rich with intricate detail, old wood and brick.  I am sure this is probably one of the smaller homes on the block and I'm sure we probably won't be able to afford it anyway!  But, I am still super psyched about going to look at it. 

My mother was a real estate agent when I was a kid and I always liked when she let me tag along so I could look at all the homes that were for sale.  I am always thrilled to look at other people's houses, so the fact that this is on the agenda this weekend makes me happy.

Finally, we have come to a road block with the guest room renovation.  The problem is that this room also serves as an office and I hate the way the computer and all of its accessories look.  I considered getting an armoir of sorts to hide it, but have been unsuccessful in my search.  Plus, the room is pretty small and I think adding any more large furniture would make it look crowded.  We already have that crowded look going on in our bedroom, so I don't want to make the same mistake in the guest room.

My solution is one that Jason has been resisting, but honey . . . if you're reading this . . . it is happening this weekend.   I want to turn the closet that is under the stairs of our Cape Cod home into a tiny little office.  It already has a light and electricity in it and it's certainly big enough to fit a computer and printer.  It would solve my dilemma about electronics and I am confident we can make it look nice.

I would take a picture of the closet, but it's really crowded with stuff and I'd be embarrassed for you, dear reader, to see my hoarding problem.  I will post it on my before and after photos, I promise.

In the meantime, here are some closet-turned office pictures that will hopefully inspire!





DIYideas.com


Apartment Therapy

Finally, I hope there might be time to go check out a store I just discovered here in town that sells recycled building materials, like claw-foot bathtubs, antique lighting etc.  We didn't get to go treasure hunting last weekend, so I hope we can squeeze it in between looking at the house and taking Imani to a rock and mineral store that she's super excited about.

Sunday, we'll wake up to the happiness that the Easter bunny brings and head off to church.  Imani asked last night how the Easter bunny is connected to the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Jason had some interesting answers, but I just smiled and asked her what she thought. 

She said she wasn't sure but that the Easter bunny has to be real, right, even though it seems ridiculous?!

Happy Easter.

11 comments:

  1. I've always liked those closet 'mini rooms'. I'm trying to figure out how to use that idea in DH's office...not for a desk, but for an area where he can work on his family history stuff.

    Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at another house?! Turning the closet into an office sounds like a great idea. Then when you need help with something you will have to convince Jason to come out of the closet! HA!
    Sounds like a fun Easter holiday.

    Your friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Meant to mention this before, I love your new profile picture - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from New Friend Friday. You have a cute blog. I am a new follower. Come by and say hi sometime too :)

    funtocraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that closet office - very nice. And it must have been so fun getting to see all those houses with your mom!

    I love all those eggs!

    I found you on New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative and just wanted to say 'hi'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have a winner with the closet office idea Stephenie, and I love the one that has the wall painted green making it a real feature. Look forward to seeing what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. svinch@twcny.rr.comApril 2, 2010 at 6:08 PM

    Sounds like a planned weekend ahead and a very interesting one. The closet office is a great Idea! Can't wait to see your Easter egg creations! Tell Imani the Bunny brings on the onset of Spring which is a new life within itself and the resurrection of Jesus is also the beginning of a new life.

    Happy House Viewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My office is in my closet as well. It works fairly well but I have a hard time keeping it neat and orderly - hence the lack of photos of it on my blog. I keep meaning to tidy it up and take a photo but it hasn't happened yet. I love the photos you have posted.

    Happy Easter and good luck with the egg decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your closet office makeover...I couldn't live without a couple of computers but they are not attractive to look at. All you can do is hide them and all the wires behind a door! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm glad I stopped by...just became a follower. See ya again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Found your blog at New Friend Fridays and I think it's just great. Attractive and interesting. Hope I'll get to visit often! I'm a new follower and would love for you to come see me and follow, if you'd like, my misadventures at sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I'm glad I found your blog. I really enjoyed the Vintage Eggs from 504 Main!! Had lots of fun visiting; be back to visit soon! oxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails