PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spooktacular Decorating Part II

Happy Halloween! 


I mentioned in "Spooktacular Decorating Part I" that one of my clients was kind enough to give me all of her Halloween decorations, which included several Halloween trees.

We placed one on our dining room table and decorated it with ornaments that we purchased from Pier One Imports.





Jason and I both love these little guys and girls! We're hoping to go in this week when everything is marked down and snatch up some more.

They are really adorable, like this little devil:




And this sparkly little vampire:





Another tree sits on top of our piano with an over sized plastic bat ready to swoop down from its branches.





And if you've followed my blog,  you know I have a couple of bird cages.  So for Halloween, we hung some creatures inside the bird cages to haunt up our house a little.







Jason cleverly placed these monster hands on the back of our living room chair, leaving guests to wonder what might pop out from behind.




I placed another quote on top of our living room chest.  This time, it's from one of Jason's favorite books, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.



Luminaries that were hand-created by Jason are perched atop our bookshelves.  These are one of my favorite decorations when they are lit up at night.


And for Imani's party, my mother and I added plenty of spider webs all around the house.



We hung orange and black balloons, and covered the tables with Halloween tablecloths (also donations from my client).



We created ghoulish ghosts by putting glow sticks inside white balloons and draping sheer curtains over the balloons.  They glowed throughout the night.  Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to take a picture in an dark room without using the flash and having it look bright!  Anybody with any photography knowledge, please enlighten me!




Jason and my father created a spooky room in our basement, where they dressed as monsters and scared all of the guests. 

Jason and I found this freaky skeleton on sale at Rite Aid for only $10.



Jason used a black light, purple lights, cut up drop cloths, old windows, cobwebs, and giant spiders to set the scene.




This was, by far, the biggest hit of the party. The kids went down into the basement over and over to frighten themselves. And once they wore out the adults, they went down into the basement and dressed up as monsters themselves, trying to scare each other.

The party turned out great. We served mummy hot dogs (hot dogs wrapped in croissants), punch with a floating ice cube hand, cupcakes, apples and carmel dip, roasted pumpkin seeds and hot apple cider.

The kids carved pumpkins, played several games, went outside for a flashlight candy hunt and repeatedly scared themselves in the basement.

And Imani turned out to be an amazing little astronaut.









Fully equipped with an oxygen tank.





And I got to use sparkly make up to make myself Cleopatra.





And Jason fulfilled his dream to be "Jason" from Friday the 13th.




Hope you had a fantastic Halloween!


5 comments:

  1. The costumes are great. Imani's little astronaut's airtanks are genius. Looks like a perfect party and a lot of fun. Those hands on the back of the chair were the creepiest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Imani's costume, especially the oxygen tanks. I just read through Part 1 and 2 and have to say you guys are ingenious. Imani was adorable in her costumes when she was little - mind you I'm a sucker for little kids dressed up in costume. It must have been a fun time at the party. The flashlight candy hunt was a perfect game to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the COSTUMES--

    I signed up to follow you.

    Come by for a visit and I would love to have you follow along both blogs.

    Cheri from ItsSoVeryCheri and TheDIYClub.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! The costumes are GREAT! Love the astronaut!! And all the decorations are totally cool. My favorite is the pair of monster hands on the chair. How creative!! I'll have to use that idea next year!
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh please please please come back!!!! We miss you and I'm craving some holiday decorating sneak peeks! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails