PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Merry Mantel

Every year we get one of our Christmas trees the weekend after Thanksgiving.   Usually, the following weekend we get our second tree.  Both are freshly cut, so we have to be diligent about watering them to keep them alive until New Year's Day.

I usually decorate the rest of the house those same two weekends, but this year, I was a little behind.  Yesterday was my first day of vacation from work, so I finally got around to decorating the mantel. 





I included Imani's nutcracker collection (she just started it a couple of years ago), which seemed appropriate this year since this is the first year we were able to go to see Ithaca's "Nutcracker" production.




The tree was a Target find a few years ago on Christmas and it actually lights up . . .


If you remember my spring mantel, you might recall that I used scrabble tile pieces.  They appear again for Christmas.


And of course, a series of pitchers.  I put a real poinsettia in the white one, evergreen branches I cut from a tree outside in another and some candy canes in the little creamer pitcher.





Finally, the stockings are hung using twine (which also is used to hold the word "peace" and the two decorations from the mirror).  I found the silver Christmas balls at the dollar store yesterday -- 3 for $1, and they match perfectly.



I'll try not to let another month go by without posting!  Hopefully, since I'm not working for a couple of weeks, I can post more.  Up next:  Christmas trees!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it! I am so mantle challenged. Love the Scrabble touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, so pretty! I love that you put lights in the pitcher of greens. Really makes them sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails