PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Traditions

Happy 2011!

Every year, we are invited to a few New Year's Eve parties and every year we decline.

Part of the reason is that I don't like to be on the roads on New Year's Eve.

But the bigger reason is that I really enjoy our family traditions.

Jason, Imani and I bring in the New Year quietly . . . with just the three of us watching Dick Clark's
New Year's Eve party.

And eating a whole lot of junk - chips and dip (which I only eat on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve), soda, shrimp cocktail and whatever Christmas candy we can find.

This year we added Candy Cane Valley and Sprinkle Delights to the menu.

And Imani and I prepare three cups of confetti for the big countdown.





 


And Jason gets three glasses of bubbly.



 

Which is really just this. . .



And when the ball drops, we celebrate with our confetti and drinks . . .

 
And then we head into the kitchen to make ice cream sundaes.



 
They taste better than they look!  I made mine with Reese's Peanut Butter sauce and chocolate this year.   Imani loads hers with as many sprinkles and cherries as possible.


 
New Year's Day is spent sleeping in, taking down Christmas decorations and watching The Twilight Zone Marathon on the Sci-Fi channel.





Happy New Year! May the New Year bring you lots of

warmth

love

success

. . . and sugar.


I'd love to hear how you bring in the New Year!



6 comments:

  1. New Year's Eve is Dick Clark for us too! I've been watching it I think since it started when I was a kid. On New Year's Day, we watch college bowl games and make sure we have black eyed peas as a side dish with our big dinner ( a southern tradition for good luck and prosperity)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your New Years Eve looks a lot like ours... and we've had the Twilight Zone on since yesterday... LOVE it! (I use to watch with my grandmother...) Happy New Year to you... ~ kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephenie,

    I've done the clubs in Manhattan and hosted large parties. I prefer quietly welcoming the new year as you describe. Last night it was the two of us recovering from the flu, toasting the New Year with NyQuil!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephenie,

    My name is Michelle and I've enjoyed reading your blog. I'm pretty much a blog-a-holic reader. lol Anyway, I loved it when I read that you guys give your cake balls a special little name. Once I learned how to make them in 2008 it has been a hit at our home and now a tradition for the holidays.

    Have a Happy and blessed new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Michelle - I think they will become a tradition in our house too . . . and I love the name, but I cannot take credit, as credit belongs entirely to Imani. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is MY kind of party! Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails