PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Decorating Addiction

In reading many great decorating blogs over the past few weeks, I have developed a decorating addiction. It has begun to consume my life. When I am not at work, I am glued to the computer, reading countless blogs on home decorating and home crafts.

It all started because I love to knit and I am a member of Ravelry. In searching for a sweater pattern, I came across a beautiful cardigan a woman had made. In reading her comments, I saw that she had a blog called "Philigry" so I decided to read it.

That was it. I became obsessed. Her blog was simple and sophisticated. Her pages seemed as though they jumped off the cover of Pottery Barn and to be honest, I kind of wanted her life. I think I read every one of her blog posts in one sitting.

I marched downstairs to my husband Jason and told him, "I want this woman's life. I want to stay home and decorate, read, knit and learn to quilt. I want to sell our house and move out to the country.

And buy chickens."

I think he thought I was crazy (which I probably am). I began to be a regular reader of the blog and started visiting other sites that were linked to her blog. Some of my favorites include "The Lettered Cottage" and "Funky Junk Interiors."

We haven't put our house on the market and moved to the country yet, so I've decided it's time to revamp my house and make it more of a home. I want a touch of country mixed with modern. I want old pieces blended with new. I want to create a place for my family and friends that invites and inspires.

Oh, and there is still no serious discussion of us getting chickens anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails