PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Day Finds


Something about the snow inspires me. It makes me want to stay inside and be creative. Usually, when there is a good snowstorm, I find myself getting a lot of knitting done or making something in an artistic way.

This poses a problem when I am trying to re-decorate my home with flea-market and antique finds. Who wants to be on the roads in a blizzard? I would much rather sit in a big comfy chair with a mug of hot chocolate and some soft yarn knitting away.

I didn't let the snow stop my decorating endeavors this week. Instead, I did what any savvy home decorator would do: I dug through the basement and found a number of treasures.
My best find was this old picture that was left in the house when we first purchased it. It ended up in a box in the basement because we didn't think it fit our style. My husband Jason had even considered throwing it away. Thank God he didn't!

Finding this old picture tucked away was such a great treat. I had forgotten all about it. I have no idea how old it is or what the history is behind it. It looks like ink on some sort of muslin but I'm not sure. If anyone out there knows, please email me because I'd love to know more.

Now I just have to find the perfect spot for it in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails