PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bittersweet Goodbyes

"All changes are more or less tinged with melancholy, for what we are leaving behind is part of ourselves."
-- Amelia Barr

My distance from blogging isn't because I don't love all of you.

It isn't because I'm lazy either.

The real reason is that our home search is over.  We found a house and our offer was accepted, which means saying goodbye to our first home.




  It's been a good little house, and it's come such a long way - just check out the "Our Fixer Upper" page. 
Jason and I both have a habit of getting attached to people, places and things, so although we are incredibly excited about our next adventure, we're busy saying goodbye by putting the final touches on this little Cape that will undoubtedly make someone a great home.

It's difficult each day making sure every area of our house is spotless, just in case a realtor shows it while we're off at work.  While we both know it's necessary for the realtors to show our home in order for it to sell, it's far more emotional than we originally thought it would be.

Jason hates the thought of other people walking around our house, peeking in our closets when we're not home.  I don't mind that so much.  We both hate the thought of leaving something that we worked so hard on in the hands of new owners -- people we're trusting will take as good care of this house as we have.

I've had to stop Jason from doing any more home improvements.  He's annoyed that we won't complete the house by getting a new roof or tiling the backsplash . . . in our minds, we're leaving the house unfinished.  I'm not the type to leave something unfinished and neither is Jason.

But all of these feelings of sadness are coupled with excitement about our new house -- a house with history.

I can't wait to tell you about it.

Oh and don't worry - I will still show you the final guest room re-design, the office "nook" and all of the other projects we've completed before we leave!

8 comments:

  1. Stephenie, congratulations to you, Jason and Imani. I'll watch and wait with much interest to see your new house. I hope it's everything you're after and more. You've done such a great job with this one...especially those fish!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm excited to see the new place, and the new adventures that it will bring.

    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephenie (and Jason)

    Welcome to the world of old homes! Congrats! Hope the Cape is soon sold to someone who loves it as much as you do.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. svinch@twcny.rr.comMay 12, 2010 at 2:07 PM

    I too will miss this house, all the great Christmas and party times and those 9 feet christmas trees over the years.

    But I am excited as a mother hen to see and experience the new house! I can't wait!

    Oh, by the way I am the Grandma here ,just so the reader will know.

    This little cape was truly transformed by Stephie and Jason and Imani. When they first bought this house I thought, "WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!"

    But after the improvements were made, I too fell in love with the place.
    It has been a really great home!

    But on ward we go, LOL(laughing out loud) can't wait to see what I think of the new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new house - I am a new visitor from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative!

    http://jamielanedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your new place and seeing how you decorate it! I am a new follower from New Friend Friday at The Girl Creative.
    I can't wait to read more of your blog - looks like a lot of fun!

    http://beingtazim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    I'm visiting from New Friend Friday.

    Moving on is bittersweet, especially since you have put so much love and heart into updating your home. A new adventure awaits. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I completely understand that bittersweet feeling - sad to go, happy to go all at the same time. I'm looking forward to your new house and all the fun projects you will be doing there. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails