PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Favorite Room Renovation of 2010

I started blogging in February of this year and, looking back, I'd say it was quite a year.  I started the blog to share all of our home renovations because I was finding myself pulling out renovation pictures every time someone came over to our house.  I wish I would've started blogging sooner because some of the transformations were so amazing.  It's been great to look back on the year in review and see all that we've accomplished.

Perhaps the most impressive room renovation this year was our upstairs bathroom.  It was a tiling extravaganza as Jason set out to complete my vision of a bathroom much like the tiled ones I am fortunate enough to stay in when I travel for work.

It was probably one of the most drastic room transformations in all of our house.  Let me refresh your memory.

It started off pretty dumpy.  It was dingy with old dirty sheet rock and nasty green tiles.  The stand up shower was tiny and had a plastic shower surround and a plastic base  We used this room as a "crate" for our dog, Maggie when we first got her . . . and we felt badly for leaving her in such a nasty space!




But let's fast forward to earlier this year, when Jason completed my vision and we tiled from floor to ceiling.

You might recall that this was a family project and Jason agreed to tile the whole bathroom, but it would be my job to seal all grout lines . . . and spray sealing was NOT allowed!  So I set to work with a little paint brush and a cup of grout sealer while Jason and Imani watched a movie downstairs.





I thought those grout lines would never end . . . and I started to question why in the world I had this idea of all this tile!




But thankfully, my wonderful husband and daughter took pity on me and joined in the fun.






And Ta-Da!  Finally, the room was complete!




The shower has custom-cut glass with oil-rubbed bronze fixtures and a stone-pebbled floor.




This was, by far, my favorite room renovation of the year because it is my own little pretend spa space, where I get ready for work each day.  It's amazing to think that a room so hideous could be turned into something so beautiful.  Here are the before and after one more time.

Before (YUCK . . . I know, I know, you want me to stop showing it to you because it's so gross!)



And AFTER . . .








8 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. You have such an easy style of writing, and it's fun to follow along with your successes. I'm new to the blogging world, and hope people enjoy reading mine, as much as I enjoy reading yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bathroom Stephenie...I just love it! We used the same pebble stone for our shower floor too. Happy New Year to you! ~Deb~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - it's hard to believe that's the same room. What a fantastic redo! Congratulations.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job! I love the pebbled shower floor and the whole room turned out fantastic :)
    Found you via CG...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom is beautiful! That's a lot of tiling and a lot of grout-line painting! My favorite part is the pebble floor in the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bathroom looks fantastic! What a transformation. I love the tile you used, especially the floor tile in your shower. I'm so glad I came across your blog. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is flipping amazing and I hope you see this comment as it is an older post. I am chomping at the bit to find out how you redid your shower...we have a nasty fiberglass shower and I want to rip it out and do it over in tile. Did you hire out? So curious. Great job! Ann at www.housefinally.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice home renovation, thanks for sharing great information about home construction. It can be helpful for us. fairfax handyman services

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails