PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Best Summer Salad

I don't usually post a lot of recipes but I mentioned a great summertime salad a couple of weeks ago and promised I'd share the recipe.

I like to keep my promises.

So here you go -- just in time for your Memorial Day picnic. Here is the recipe for a salad I always make in the summer. Every time we have guests, they ask for the recipe so I figured I'd post it here.

It is a very forgiving salad, so feel free to substitute if you don't have something! I always make sure to use fresh mint though - it is the secret ingredient that gives the salad a unique flavor. I also never leave out the fresh garlic or chives.



Ingredients:
1 cup barley
Grape tomatoes, halved
Cucumbers, chopped
1 can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
Fresh spinach, finely chopped
Fresh cilantro, chopped (about a handful)
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh mint, chopped
Fresh chives, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
Feta cheese
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil

Directions:
Cook barley and rinse off in cool water, drain

Add to big salad bowl with all the above ingredients

Mix well.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails