PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 17, 2012

In Honor of Sandy Hook

 
I don't watch much television.  I usually listen to the news in my car on Satellite Radio but Friday I was listening to Christmas music all day when I drove around for work.  I was really excited about our annual Christmas party that we host every year.
 
 
It was at my Christmas party that my friend, Lori told me about the tragedy in Connecticut.  I think I was in shock when she told me.
 
 
Over the course of the weekend, I intentionally did not seek out the news - I didn't want to hear about the shooter, see his image or give him any more attention and power than he had already been given.  Instead, I absorbed what Lori told me all weekend.
 
I cherished the sound of my children's voices when they woke me in the morning.
 
I prayed for the victims.
 
 
I sought guidance and understanding in church on Sunday morning.
 
 
Today, in honor of those in Connecticut, I am joining many other bloggers in pausing. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails