PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 14, 2011

Making Valentines

With a baby shower this weekend, making curtains for the nursery (I'll share soon; I promise!) and going to see the Justin Bieber movie "Never Say Never" in 3D, making Valentines for Imani's friends was pushed until the last minute this year.

Needless to say, at 8 months pregnant, I was entirely beat on Sunday afternoon and I suggested to Imani that we just buy Valentines from Target this year if she wanted.

But buying Valentine's didn't sound fun to her, and even though I was exhausted, part of me was happy that she'd rather take the time to make her own personalized cards.

So after a trip to Rite Aid and CVS to fulfill Jason's couponing addiction, we headed home and busted out the glue, fabric scraps, scissors, stamps and scrap paper.

Remember the fleece and felted sweater Valentine' Wreath?  Well, I had saved the left over fleece from that project and Imani cut out these little hearts.



And she went to work making a unique design for each of her friends using the materials we had on hand.






I tried to teach her that sometimes less is more


. . .   especially with glue


. . .  and simple is often better.







It was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.









We even used a piece of mail that had beautiful flowers on it.



And I actually had to make her stop creating for every teacher, teacher's aid, principal, secretary and friend in school so that she could get to bed at a reasonable hour.


She found these bendable hearts that her Grandmother had purchased for her two years ago from Oriental Trading and we glued them to the outside of the cards.



I'm so happy she didn't take me up on my offer to buy Valentines.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad she found a way to utilize the heart men I got her for Valentine's day a while back! That is a great idea! ANd I loved all the heart creations as well. I think Imani is taking after her mom in being creative.
    Way to go Imani!
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S TO ALL!

    Love,
    Mom (Grandma) and Dad(Grandpa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephenie,

    The valentines day cards are beautiful and very original. So much better than store bought. How was the Justin movie? I saw Gnomeo & Juliet this weekend.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! i agree simple is better :)

    http://nauticalwheelerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails