PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 28, 2011

Nursery Update

We've been a little stressed out around this Cape lately.  With only a few weeks before the due date, we have a lot to take care of in the nursery before we can call it complete.

The moldy wall situation threw us for a bit of a loop and Jason has been busy getting our bedroom wall back in order.

But we have made some progress and the fact is that if the baby arrived tomorrow, he would be just fine.

After all, you don't really need that much for a baby - even though the folks at Babies R Us would have you think otherwise.


After all, who really needs a baby wipe warmer?!





Some of the items on the suggested registry crack me up. 

Anyway, back to what we have been purchasing . . .



I snagged some great fabric at Hobby Lobby recently . . . you'll notice that I did decide to add some blue to the nursery.






And I found this ultra cushy rug at Home Goods . . . it was regularly $450.

Home Good's price was $199 and I got it at 50 percent off, so I scored this baby for $99.  When I say it's soft, I mean your feet sink into it when you walk across it.   

The picture just doesn't do it justice.





My mother made this super soft blanket and now I'm itching to make a larger version for our living room.





Jason has been turning this horrific closet into something a little more organized . . . you'll have to wait and see.






I will say that we lined the back of the closet with this wallpaper.






And finally, we purchased this rocker from Tarjay.




I really wanted this one from Pottery Barn,




but it was over $1,000 (after the slipcover and shipping) and we are still on a mission to reach our New Year's Resolution so as much as I love that chair . . . I had to turn my big brown peepers away from it and hope that Tarjay will pull through for me. 

The nice thing is that it's returnable to a Target store, so if we're not happy with it, we don't have to deal with shipping it back . . . but I'm hoping we don't have to deal with a return at all. 
Who knows;  I've never purchased big pieces of furniture from Target before, so we'll see.

I'll let you know when the chair arrives (it said it would ship in 5-7 days).




So even though there is still a lot to do, we have made some significant progress. 
 It's been a lot of fun so far  and I can't wait to see it all come together!


5 comments:

  1. Right there with you on the wipe warmer - do we really need another thing to plug in? We can't just bunch up the wipe in our hand for 5 seconds while undoing the jammie, onesie and old diaper - there now it's warm. Good luck with the wall and itching to see that closet revamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had good experiences with buying furniture from Target...although it was 1 wine rack, it was good.
    I love that fabric, it's adorable. Good luck finishing the nursery!
    -Katie
    http://craft-spotter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nursery sounds like it is coming along nicely. How exciting for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephenie,

    All your choices look like the makings for a beautiful nursery! I love the blanket your mother made for her grandson. Is that angora? I'm sure the chair from Target will be just as good as Pottery Barn's. I am kicking myself for purchasing a PB jute rug. You pay for the name that does not guarantee quality.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to see the whole nursery!! Loving what you've shared so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails