PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nursery Mood Boards

We've been slowly working on the nursery but I've been stuck on curtains and color choices.  You might remember that we selected the Pottery Barn Lamb nursery bedding, which is neutral.


The walls are beige as well, and the crib and dresser are dark espresso. 

So the dilemma is whether I should keep every thing neutral or add in splashes of blue. 
I created a couple of mood boards and was hoping you might be able to help us! 

The first is more of a baby blue.  The curtains would be gingham and you'll notice a solid blue rug and throw pillow.  What do you think?

Exhibit #1

Nursery 4


And then I came up with this one, which also incorporates blue, but a slightly different shade.


Exhibit #2


Nursery2


And finally, there is this one, which has all neutrals.

Exhibit 3
          
Nursery 1
 
So what do you think?  Would you choose Exhibit #1, #2 or #3?


Or would you choose some elements from each one and create something entirely different? 


Help me out here . . . I only have six weeks!

(Pssst:  The lamb, crib, and tree can't change . . . they are already incorporated into our design)


 






9 comments:

  1. I'm not very good with these moodboards..I'm much more haphazard! But for what it's worth I like the first one best. I like the playful touch the blue and white check brings. Look forward to seeing what you do Stephenie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going all out for number 3! Love the different uses of brown tones and the white. I think adding a hint of blue with some pillows or a rug would look great too. I'm sure it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephenie,

    They are all beautiful but I especially like the first two and the element of whimsy the color adds to the room. Here's another I found online incorporating those colors:
    http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Nurseries/Blue-and-Brown-Boys-Room/detail.esi?oid=512321
    Only six more weeks?!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love #2. I think that shade of blue is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #1 or #2. #3 will put the baby & visitors to sleep. I am a grandmother, so I remember some of the other decade styles. #3 reminds me of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love exhibit #2. The shade of blue is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so stylish!! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails