PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Toys

I never did tell you how great my birthday was.

Not only did I get to go out to dinner with two of my favorite people in the whole world, but they got me an awesome gift too.  You can imagine my excitement when I opened one of my presents and it was this box!




This is a huge step up for me.  I've been working with a little Nikon CoolPix point and shoot camera for the past year.  Half of my time was spent deleting photos and retaking them because the camera I had was
so awful!

This amazing camera is not only a great gift for blogging, but it's going to be great for capturing memories of our baby and Imani too.  I remember when we got married and our pastor gave us a few pieces of advice.  His first piece of advice was to invest in a good camera to capture memories.  We finally listened.

(If you missed our DIY wedding, you can read about it here.)



I have no idea what I'm doing with photography so I am excited and nervous to learn. 
Any suggestions from those of you who own DSLR cameras is certainly welcome! 

I'd also love website suggestions, blog article links, book titles or anything else that would help me to learn this foreign language of photography!


As if this gift wasn't enough to keep me busy, tonight this arrived in the mail:




I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. 
I'm a little overwhelmed by these two pieces of technology to be honest!

If you follow me on Twitter, you know I won this from a giveaway at Beneath My Heart a few weeks ago.
(If you don't follow me on Twitter, get with the program! All the cool people are doing it :-)  Just click the link in the top right of my blog).

I am so excited to learn how to use this fancy schmancy little Silhouette machine that I can hardly stand it.  If I wasn't pregnant and didn't need all my time off for my baby, I'd be taking a vacation day (or two) just to play with my two new toys!






12 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! So exciting! :)
    What AWESOME gifts! What more does a girl need? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! I'm in the same boat as you were. Working with a point and shoot camera here and it shows. Would love one of those Silhouette's too. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great camera, got one for Christmas. You will love it! Start with the Pioneer Woman's blog where you'll find all sorts of tip. There lots of links to other one there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you scored some great birthday loot!! If you're looking for pointers on using your new camera, Suzanne at Privet and Holly has been taking a course and sharing it with us - check her out here:
    http://privetandholly.blogspot.com
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephenie,

    I got a Canon Rebel for my birthday and the super duper zoom Canon lens as one of my Christmas gifts. It actually comes with tutorial on CD. Love it!
    Have fun with your Silhouette.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephenie! Oh My Goodness!!! Girl! That is a nice nice gift. I have the cannon rebel film from back in the day, you know that was the best camera and still is. I only have cannon cameras. I love that one you have now! Oh and how is the sillhouette doing? I cant wait to see what things you can do with it. I was thinking about getting me one or the cricut. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Stephenie! I had a Cannon Rebel XT that I LOVED but wanted to purchase a more professorial type of camera. I purchased the Rebel T1i last October. Even though it is quite different than the XT I LOVE it also. I have many things to learn how to do, but I am more than satisfied that I chose the T1i.

    You may want to visit I Heart Faces Photography. This site has weekly contests, but also have guest photographers (professional) that write photo tutorials on how to improve on photo taking.
    Wishing you lots of happy and fun picture taking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.digital-photography-school.com/10-ways-to-take-stunning-portraits

    http://www.makethephoto.com/how-to-create-black-and-white-photos-with-a-dslr-camera/

    http://www.makethephoto.com/how-to-create-black-and-white-photos-with-a-dslr-camera/

    Here are 3 pretty good sites for Dslr camera and taking photos.

    Hope they help!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday - you're going to love your new goodies! Looking forward to all the great photos of all you new creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one very lucky girl Stephenie, those are both great gifts! Happy Birthday and I am glad that you got spoilt, you deserve it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I'm so jealous...I want a Silhouette SO BAD!!! I keep entering giveaways...one of these times I've GOT TO win! :) I just emailed you privately because I used one of your tutorials and posted pics of my finished product on my FB fan page. I emailed you the link. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment! I truly appreciate your feedback.

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Related Posts with Thumbnails